Tuesday 9 July 2013

The other side of me!

Hey guys, so today's blog is a bit different to the ones I have been posting recently. As you can see on my blog I am a trainee teacher and will start my 3rd and final year of teacher training in September. I am really excited but also a bit nervous at the thought that this time next year I will be getting ready to teach my own class in September. I am the type of person who loves to know what is coming up and love being prepared and obviously I know that you can't be fully prepared for what to expect but I thought that I would try to get a few tips.


So to help me start to get prepared and to think about things over the next year I brought this book, which has been highly recommended. The book is called 'How to survive your first year in teaching' by Sue Cowley who is very well known in the teaching world.
This book is great! It is split into four parts and covers everything from how to approach your first lesson, to behaviour management skills, planning and the induction process etc. I found the book really easy and the chapters had specific themes running through them so it was easy to digest.

Obviously because I haven't yet done my NQT year I can't say whether the tips in the books work or the advice is good, but I would say that this is a great book to get you started and prepared for what lies ahead of you, because let's face it we all know that this is not going to be easy.

I hope you guys have found this interesting and I would definitely recommend this book if you are planning to start your NQT year soon. You can get it from amazon and Waterstones.

Let me know what you guys think. Are any of you in the same situation as me with your teaching career? Or are you already a teacher and have got a few tips for first year teaching? I would love to here from you

Gx

No comments:

Post a Comment