Thursday 10 October 2013

let's talk about lips

Hello lovely people!


Now as it is getting colder every day and is now fully into Autumn, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to talk about lip care. The one thing I hate about the cold months is the effect is has on your skin and especially you lips which is why it is so important to keep them moisturised. So I thought I would share with you some of the lip care products that i have lying around at the moment.

First up is the Palmer's Coco Butter Lip Balm. This helps prevent and protect chapped, cracked or wind burned lips. It also has the distinct smell that all the Palmer's products do which I personally love, but if you don't like the Palmer's smell then it is probably not for you. In terms of moisturising the lip product does very well, it keeps your lips hydrated and moisturised which is at the top of requirements for lip products.

Along the same lines as this is the Burt's Bees beeswax lip balm. It has vitamin E and peppermint in which helps keep you lips lovely and soft. The thing I also like about this lip balm is that it is 100% natural which is really important. This lip balm tastes amazing and makes my lips feel really fresh which is a weird feeling in a lip balm but I would definitely recommend it.

For more of a fun approach I would suggest the Maybelline baby lips. I have hydrate, intense care and peach kiss. Now these are definitely not as moisturising on the lips as the previous two mentioned but they are definitely a fun little thing to have in your handbag. Also, the smell and taste amazing, I think they are more along the same lines as a lip butter as they do leave your lips feeling really soft.

Talking about lip butters, I have loved the body shop lip butters for years now. I have tried every flavour there is but at the moment I have the mango flavour. I love using this lip butter before I go to bed as I feel it gives more coverage then a normal lip butter. It smells amazing and leaves your lips feeling super super soft.

The most important thing I think goes hand in hand with a good lip balm is a good lip scrub. A lip scrub gets rid of all the dry skin and buffers your lips. My personal favourite is the lush lip scrub. I have Mint Julips which I can only say, tastes like after eights. The great thing about this apart from the fact you can lick it off, is the fact that it is not heavy or rough on your lips but it works really well and leaves your lips feeling super soft. I tend to use this every time my lips are feeling a but rough.

What are your favourite lip products?

Thank you so much for reading. I am thinking of doing a question and answer blog which I will be posting next Friday. Obviously in order to do a question and answer blog I need some questions to answer, so please feel free to leave some questions in the comments section. The questions can be about anything really however if they are inappropriate I will not be answering them. I will take all the questions next Thursday and will post the blog next Friday. 

Thank you all for reading, I love reading all your comments!

Love G.x.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely review!
    I use almost every single product you do :D!
    Burt's bees, Baby lips, Lush lip scrub (I have the bubblegum one), body shop lipbalm.
    To me the Baby lips do best.
    x Birgit
    www.beyondjeansandt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love the peppermint Burts bees one too! You're right the minty sensation is odd but really nice too!!
    Aims
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favirt lip products r bleach

    ReplyDelete